How to Root Sony Erricson X8
Hello Everybody, I just finish rooting my friend’s phone Sony X8 with official android 2.1(Firmware: Android Eclair v2.1)
I just spend maybe 3 mns only, if you are interested, you can follow my step.
I just wanna share how it is done….:) and I wanna keep this document available at any time I need.
You will need:
- SuperOneClick.zip http://www.4shared.com/file/3SlIc8w1/SuperOneClickv211-ShortFuse.html
- X8 Driver.zip http://www.4shared.com/file/AAeniUXw/X8_drivers.html
you need to install x8 driver. After you install this driver, you can test your device whether your device is attached to your computer or not. just run “adb devices”. OOOpppp… you will need to install android SDK if you want to run this command.
Prepare your phone:
- Go to Setting -> Application -> Development -> Tick USB debugging
- Go to SD Card -> Umount your SD card
- also tick Unknown source as well.
After you download superOneClick.zip and extract it.
Double click on SuperOneClick.exe and click root
you need to wait about 3 mns and follow “Yes, OK”….
You will be asked to run command SU to test…just click YES.
Now, you can see an application just come up in your phone “SuperUser”…
Next I will shared how to install Custom ROM like CM7….and Recovery….